KEM Live @ Mack and Third:
A Call to Service
Motown Recording Artist KEM, his non-profit Mack and Third and his management company, Project Producers, LLC would like to thank you for your interest in volunteering at the upcoming community event, KEM Live @ Mack N Third: A Call to Service. This event will take place on August 23, 24 and 25th, 2014 at West River Walk Park on West Jefferson, behind the Detroit Main Post Office.
On Saturday, August 23, 2014, volunteers are needed to help “setup” for the event; we will begin promptly at 7:00am. Setup responsibilities include, but are not limited to: signage placement; tent placement; stage setup; general cleaning; general landscaping, etc… On Sunday, August 24 2014, volunteers will be part of an all-day concert and food drive, and on Monday, August 25, 2014, volunteers will be needed to help return the park to its original state.
On Sunday August 24th at 9:00am, the day will begin with a private event for our honorees, featuring a motivational message presented to the homeless community by KEM, live music by various acoustic artists, followed by a nutritious meal. Beginning at 12:00pm the gates of the park will open to the general public featuring a stage of live entertainment; food and wares vendors; community/health service organizations; a children’s village and much more. The day will culminate with a live concert performance by a surprise musical guest (to be announced at a later date) and KEM, which will be streamed LIVE on the Internet.
The purpose of this event is to gather food for the areas homeless shelters and food banks; to provide a getaway for Detroiters from the stresses of the economy; to feed the homeless and others in need; and to encourage people to volunteer and give. By sharing his gift of music, KEM hopes to bring attention to the plight of the homeless, and motivate the community to get involved with volunteerism.
Please review the information included in this packet; fill out the application and sign the waiver that is included, and return the completed and signed application and signed waiver by fax to 248-286-6443 no later than July 31, 2014. A confirmation will be emailed to you with your assignment and other important information.
Volunteer positions will be filled by need on a first come, first serve basis. All volunteers must meet the criteria listed. Please note that our goal is to prepare the park, serve our sponsors and community, return the park back to its original state, but most importantly, serve our esteemed Honorees on Saturday and make them feel respected and welcome.
Thank you for your interest in serving with us at this years, KEM Live @ Mack N Third: A Call to Service.
KEM Live @ Mack and Third: A Call To Service
Project Producers, LLC
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
A supervisory position responsible for leading a group of volunteers in a variety of areas. Must have supervisory experience. Shifts may be longer than a standard position.
This crew is responsible for assisting core staff with setup and breakdown of the event. Setting up tents, tables, hanging posters & banners and vendor setup are just a few of the areas that this team will work. Must not be afraid of manual labor and be prompt and flexible.
Stationed at various entrances throughout the event, greeters will welcome guests, provide directional assistance, ask for event monetary donations and answer questions. Must be upbeat, friendly, approachable and knowledgeable of overall event details
Floaters will be used to relieve other volunteers for breaks, fill in on shortages, run errands and generally help where needed. Must be very flexible, able to take direction and make adjustments quickly.
FOOD SERVICE ATTENDANT
Help position and serve food to homeless (honorees). Set up tables and chairs; turn honoree/homeless area into our Volunteer Break Area; maintain cleanliness. Must be sociable, flexible, kind, giving and be there to serve and respect our honorees.
Located in the Vendor Booth area. This position involves selling merchandise, distributing information about the event, encouraging donations and answering questions.
Volunteer Check-in is located at the Volunteer Break Area. Duties include checking in and out large groups of volunteers quickly and efficiently. Providing all volunteers with their T-Shirts and assignments. Must be professional, organized, efficient and friendly
A team of volunteers specifically assigned to help beautify the park on 8/23 and 8/25. Supplies are included.
TICKET BOOTH ATTENDANT
A ticket booth attendant is responsible for taking all admission tickets as our guests arrive for the event. Must be trustworthy and accountable.
FOOD DONATION ATTENDANT
Assist Food Donation Vendor with collecting canned goods brought to the park by our guests.
VOLUNTEER GENERAL INFORMATION
- Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Release and Waiver of Liability must be signed by each volunteer and by parent/guardian if volunteer is under 18 years old
- Volunteers must physically be able to stand/walk outdoors for the shifts indicated
- All volunteers must complete the Project Producers Volunteer Application and sign the waiver by July 31, 2014. The application is not valid without the signed waiver.
- Submission of the Volunteer Application does not guarantee assignment.
- Volunteers who are accepted will be assigned shifts and assignments on a first come, first serve basis. We will accommodate your specific request for assignment as best we can but please understand that you may be placed in a different area than originally requested.
- All Volunteers must wear the assigned T-Shirt and follow all rules accordingly for Sunday, August 24, 2014. Volunteers will receive their T-Shirts upon check-in. The assigned shirt is NOT required for Saturday, August 23rd or Monday, August 25th assignments. We encourage you to wear a T-Shirt of your organization or group that you represent.
- Volunteers must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your assigned time. Please leave time for parking.
- Beverages and light refreshments will be provided to each working volunteer
- All Volunteers are required to report to the Volunteer Check-In area to receive your Volunteer T-Shirt and to confirm your assignment.
Detroit Riverfront Conservancy’s West River Walk is located on West Jefferson and Rosa Parks Blvd. behind the Detroit Post Office and west of Joe Louis Arena.
Applications are due Friday August 15, 2014. A confirmation will be emailed to you with your assignment, orientation dates and other important information.